Dental Veneers Gold Coast
Transform Your Smile with Dental Veneers on the Gold Coast!
Enhance the appearance of your teeth with dental veneers. These thin shells address discoloration, chips, gaps, and minor misalignments, giving you a confident smile. Experience the positive impact of a stunning smile on self-esteem and overall dental aesthetics.
At Mermaid Smiles, we specialise in dental veneers Gold Coast. Our personalisd approach ensures custom-made veneers that perfectly match your natural teeth. Discover the transformative power of dental veneers and unlock your full smile potential.
Comprehensive Smile Assessment
At Mermaid Smiles, our experienced dentists conduct a thorough smile assessment to understand your unique dental needs and desired outcomes. We take into account factors such as your facial structure, gum line, and overall oral health to recommend the most suitable veneer treatment for you.
Our goal is to provide you with a smile that not only looks beautiful but also feels comfortable and enhances your self-confidence. By carefully evaluating these essential factors, we ensure that the recommended veneer treatment aligns perfectly with your individual preferences and delivers exceptional results.
Our dental veneers are designed to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth. Using advanced techniques and high-quality materials, we strive to achieve natural-looking results that enhance your smile without appearing artificial. Our porcelain veneers are meticulously crafted to mimic the translucency, colour, and shape of natural enamel, ensuring a beautiful and harmonious smile. With careful attention to detail, our skilled ceramists handcraft each veneer to ensure optimal aesthetics and a personalised fit. The result is a smile that not only looks natural but also feels comfortable and complements your overall facial features.
Dental veneers: the fast-track to your dream smile, without surgery.
To best serve our patients’ diverse needs, we offer two types of veneers to choose from: porcelain and composite.
Custom Porcelain Veneers Gold Coast
For maximum aesthetics and durability when multiple teeth are involved, we recommend lab-made porcelain veneers. These veneers are handcrafted by ceramists to mimic natural-looking enamel in regard to shape, color, and translucency. Getting porcelain veneers requires at least two separate appointments, with the first visit involving preparing the teeth, taking impressions, and placing the order with our lab. About two weeks later, the custom restorations are ready to bond in place, ensuring a beautiful and long-lasting smile transformation that will boost your confidence and leave you with a stunning appearance.
Same Day Smile Makeovers (Composite Veneers)
When you require touch-ups for one or two teeth, our same-day composite veneers Gold Coast offer an ideal solution for enhancing your smile. These aesthetic restorations are shaped directly at the dental chairside and applied to your teeth during a single appointment. Unlike porcelain veneers, composite veneers are made from a different material and are typically recommended for cases where minor changes are needed. With an average lifespan of 2-3 years, they provide a temporary yet effective solution for achieving a beautiful smile transformation. Our skilled dental team will guide you through the process, ensuring that you leave our practice with a renewed sense of confidence and a radiant smile.
Something for Every Budget
Investing in a smile makeover is a personal decision that people make for many different reasons. Maybe you’re starting to date again, want to look the part for that big job promotion or feel embarrassed when you’re smiling in photos with friends. Making proactive changes to your smile zone can give you whiter, fuller looking teeth that are a great accessory to show off each day.
To make the process a smooth one, we typically combine various cosmetic dental resources to fit the budget and time frame goals of our patients. If you need something as affordable as possible, we can help with that. Prefer a dramatic and fast transformation? We have options for that too. Talk to our treatment coordinators about your goals to find out what’s available.
What are Hybrid Veneers?
Hybrid Veneers are very thin layers of composite resin blended with porcelain material. They are fabricated in a laboratory by a dental technician utilising digital smile design technology, and are bonded over the front surfaces of your natural teeth without any drilling, to change the appearance of your smile. Since there is no cutting of natural tooth, they are naturally “bigger” and “thicker” than the underlying tooth, so this must be accounted for in candidate selection.
The Goal of Hybrid Veneers
Hybrid veneers are utilised to help make the teeth appear more uniform in colour, whiter, straighter and more symmetrical, with no cutting of the teeth. The are more natural look than bonded composite veneers, and can be digitally designed to help create symmetry. It is understand that hybrid veneers are not as strong, and therefore do not last as long as porcelain veneers, which will be discussed below.
Ideal Hybrid Veneers Candidate
The tooth structure and gums should be in stable condition prior to placement of any type of veneer. Defective fillings should be replaced, gums contoured and should be free of periodontal disease before proceeding. Since no drilling of the teeth occurs before the veneers are placed, teeth should be straight before receiving hybrid veneers. Unlike composite and porcelain veneers, hybrid veneers are quite translucent, so it is best if the natural teeth are whitened first and have minimal discrepancies in colour, so as to achieve the best aesthetic outcome. Hybrid veneers are the ideal treatment for those who want a smile makeover that looks very natural, without drilling away tooth structure. They will not last as long asporcelain veneers and should be handled delicately. As such, they are a great treatment alternative for someone who eventually wants porcelain veneers but isn’t ready to undergo treatment yet. Please note: your dentist will determine whether hybrid veneers are suitable for each individual.
Hybrid veneers usually take two appointments. Once you have had your initial consultation and your dentist has determined that you are a good candidate for hybrid veneers, an appointment will be arranged to take a full set of photos and digital 3D scans of your teeth. Sometimes, your dentist may recommend removing a very small amount of tooth structure if the overall outcome would benefit from this, however this would be discussed with you first.
2-3 weeks later, your hybrid veneers will have been digitally designed based on your face shape and proportions, and are ready to be bonded to your teeth. This usually take 1 hour and requires no anaesthetic. Often we recommend coming back for a final review within a week to ensure the final result fits well with your bite, and take final photos.
Potential Risks and Complications
1. In preparing the teeth for the treatment of hybrid veneers, it may be necessary to reduce or roughen the surface of the tooth to which the veneer(s) may be bonded. This preparation will be done as conservatively as possible.
2. Sensitivity of teeth: Through the process of modifying teeth to accept veneers, there is the possibility of the development of tooth sensitivity which may last for days or months following tooth preparation. In most cases, this sensitivity will alleviate over time but in rare instances is permanent.
3. Chipping, breaking or loosening of the veneer may occur any time following placement. Many factors may contribute to this happening such as: chewing of excessively hard materials; changes in occlusal (biting) forces including clenching and grinding of the teeth; trauma to the mouth; failure of the bond between the resin veneer and tooth; and other such conditions over which the dentist has no control. To best prevent this from occurring, it is recommend to wear a protective nightguard to prevent clenching, and to resist using the composite veneered teeth to bite into hard objects. Your dentist recommends using the back teeth for chewing, and cutting food first before eating. Never bite nails or open plastic packaging with your teeth.4. Alteration in speech: Since the veneers may be wider and/or longer than the natural teeth they are covering, a difference in speech may be evident. Many times, the patient will adapt to the change and speech returns to normal very shortly after placement. The veneers may need to be adjusted in order to alleviate problems with speech.
5. Sensitive or allergic reactions to anaesthetics or materials used in the procedure. Inflammation of the gums is a possible side effect of composite veneers, as the gums react to the presence of the resin. It is therefore very important to maintain excellent oral hygiene.
6. Aesthetics/Appearance: Every attempt possible will be made to match and coordinate both the form and shade of veneers, which will be placed to be cosmetically pleasing to the patient. However, there are some differences, which may exist between that which is natural and that which is artificial making it impossible to have the shade and/or form perfectly match your natural dentition. Once veneers are bonded to place on the teeth, should the patient desire any changes later a fee may be assessed to cover any extensive adjustments or remakes. Please note that hybrid veneers are very thin, so there is less room for design changes when compared to porcelain veneers, whereby there is more scope for smile design.Hybrid veneers cannot be whitened after placement – only natural tooth whitens.
7. Longevity: It is impossible to place any specific time criteria on the length of time that veneers should last, as it is different for each individual. Be aware that composite, by its nature is likely to chip and break off the tooth, and more likely to stain and discolour over time. Due to these limitations, composite veneers are best suited to small cosmetic changes, temporary correction of cosmetic defects, areas with very low bite pressure and to demonstrate what can be achieved with porcelain veneers.
8. Hybrid veneers are susceptible to staining just like natural teeth. Hybrid veneers tend to stain more readily than porcelain. The veneers may need to be replaced if excessive staining, marginal leakage, or chipping occurs. Avoid stain inducing foods and drinks wherever possible. The lifespan of hybrid veneers bonded to your natural teeth depends on your oral habits and hygiene. However, the material can last from 3 up to about 5 years before needing to be touched up or replaced.
9. Alteration in speech: Since the veneers may be wider and/or longer than the natural teeth they are covering, a difference in speech may be evident. Many times, the patient will adapt to the change and speech returns to normal very shortly after placement. The veneers may need to be adjusted in order to alleviate problems with speech. Since the veneers are added to the front surface of your teeth and no tooth structure is removed, they will force the lip to sit further out by 1-3mm than it normally would, which can take some adjusting with speech.
10. An acrylic lab fabricated night guard and/or TMJ injectables may be indicated to help protect your veneers from damage due to night-time clenching and grinding.
11. It is imperative not only for the lifespan of your hybrid veneers, but also your oral health, to maintain regular 6 monthly check ups and cleans with your dentist, as well as ensuring excellent oral hygiene at home. In doing so, your dentist can check the integrity of the hybrid veneer, help reduce gum inflammation, remove surface staining, and ensure no areas of decay are forming, as is usual with all dental check ups and cleans.
Porcelain Veneers Before and After
Composite Veneers Before and After
- Porcelain Veneers/Crowns – Code: 556, 613)
$1800 – $2600
- Composite veneers – Code: 526
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST CHECKUP?
Schedule you or your family’s six month visit today.