Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
Here at Mermaid Smiles we respect your time as much as we know you respect ours. Short notice cancellations, failure to attend and arriving late (more than 10-15 minutes) disrupts our other patients and staff members.
We are not a large corporate dental practice, we do not treat you like a number, and we cannot accommodate the financial strain and inconvenience of missed appointments.
We are a small, personable business who aim to provide excellent quality at an affordable price. One of the ways that we achieve that is by efficient use of appointment time and staff. A missed appointment or short notice cancellation represent a cost to us and represent scheduling problems for other patients looking to book in. Due to the difficulties of filling last minute cancellations we require 48 hours notice.
Please advise us as soon as possible if you need to rearrange an appointment so that we can offer your time to someone who is in urgent need of dental care. As we turn away other patients to hold your appointment time, we require a $60 booking fee to secure this time and will go towards your treatment. Any missed or short notice cancelled appointment will attract a cancellation fee.
Due to our small business size and high demand for appointments we have the following cancellation policy. All we’re asking for is some consideration with this!
- Our front desk will send you a reminder call or SMS more than 24 hours before your appointment*. Firstly, please read the text to confirm the date and time, then please respond either by calling or replying to the SMS. This saves our staff chasing you up.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling or cancelling appointments with MORE than 48 hours notice is absolutely fine and we will be more than accommodating.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling or cancelling appointments with LESS than 48 hours notice will attract a cancellation fee.
- We understand that situations may occasionally arise that make it impossible for you to give 48 hours’ notice – each missed or broken appointment will therefore be given individual consideration. Your appointment attendance history may be taken into account in this regard.
- We may also reserve the right to charge the cost of the treatment upfront before making another appointment. This is only if there has been several cancellations and is obviously a last resort. We would hope that it never comes to this.
Procedures that require long appointments, dental cosmetic procedures, may require 50% deposit at the time of booking.
*Please bear in mind that if you do not receive a SMS or phone call, your appointment remains your responsibility for you to attend or reschedule with more than 48 hours notice.
How to Cancel/Reschedule Your Appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us at 07 56297817 between the hours of 8.30am – 5.30pm. If necessary, you may leave a detailed voicemail message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
*Please note that if you do not receive a SMS or phone call, your appointment remains your responsibility for you to attend or reschedule with more than 48 hours’ notice.