Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
Here at Mermaid Smiles, we respect your time as much as we know you respect ours. Short notice cancellations, failure to attend, and arriving late (more than 10-15 minutes) disrupt our other patients and staff members.
We are a small, personable business that aims to provide excellent quality at an affordable price. One of the ways that we achieve that is by efficient use of appointment time and staff. A missed appointment or short notice cancellation represents a cost to us and scheduling problems for other patients looking to book in. Due to the difficulties of filling last-minute cancellations, we require 48 hours notice.
Please advise us as soon as possible if you need to rearrange an appointment so that we can offer your time to someone who is in urgent need of dental care. As we turn away other patients to hold your appointment time, we require a $60 booking fee to secure this time and will go towards your treatment. Any missed or short notice canceled appointment will attract a cancellation fee.
Due to our small business size and high demand for appointments, we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
- Our front desk will send you a reminder call or SMS more than 24 hours before your appointment*. Firstly, please read the text to confirm the date and time, then please respond either by calling or replying to the SMS. This saves our staff from chasing you up.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling, or canceling appointments with MORE than 48 hours notice is absolutely fine and we will be more than accommodating.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling, or canceling appointments with LESS than 48 hours notice will attract a cancellation fee.
- We understand that situations may occasionally arise that make it impossible for you to give 48 hours’ notice – each missed or broken appointment will therefore be given individual consideration. Your appointment attendance history may be taken into account in this regard.
- We may also reserve the right to charge the cost of the treatment upfront before making another appointment. This is only if there have been several cancellations and is obviously a last resort. We would hope that it never comes to this.
Procedures that require long appointments exceeding 1 hour or cosmetic dental procedures will require a deposit of $120, or may require a 50% deposit at the time of booking.
*Please bear in mind that if you do not receive an SMS or phone call, your appointment remains your responsibility for you to attend or reschedule with more than 48 hours notice.
How to Cancel/Reschedule Your Appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us at 07 56297817 between the hours of 8.30am – 5.30pm. If necessary, you may leave a detailed voicemail message. We will return your call as soon as possible. Alternatively, outside business hours we can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form in the bottom right hand corner of our website (blue chat lable).
*Please note that if you do not receive an SMS or phone call, your appointment remains your responsibility for you to attend or reschedule with more than 48 hours’ notice.